3/23/12

My First Week

Well, I made it through my first week back to work.  More importantly, Micah and those that cared for him made it beautifully!  The nice thing about my job is that I'm working 2, 12 hour shifts a week.  That means I get to be at home for 5 days each week.  Woohoo!  Sunday was my first scheduled shift.  It started off rather crazy.  I was called at 5:50 am saying I could stay home on call.  I was super excited.  When I put my phone down, I must have accidentally turned off the ringer.  Well, both Little Bear and I fell back asleep and woke up an hour later.  When I turned over, I notice my phone light blinking.  I checked it and there were 3 missed calls from work.  Come to find out, work started calling me 15 minutes after I talked to them.  They actually did need me to come in.  Well, I was out the door pretty fast since I was completely ready.  I got to work 40 minutes late on my first day.  Needless to say I was rather frazzled.  They day ended up going well and I had a great assignment with fabulous parents.  God was good to me.  Mark and Micah did very well the whole day.  Mark was able to put Micah down for naps and Micah took the bottle well also.  That evening Mark went ahead and went to our small group where there were several women that were ready to take Micah off of Mark's hands.  However, due to Micah being super tired, being in a warm room, and missing his mommy, Micah started screaming.  No one could calm him down.  They left early and got home shortly after I had gotten home from work.  Micah and I were very glad to see each other.

Thursday was my second day back.  I got up and got completely ready and was able to feed Micah and get him ready for the day.  Mark took him to CC's house while I headed to work.  CC gave me reports throughout the day.  It went very well.  It gives me such an incredible peace that Little Bear is in such a loving home while I'm at work.
Super Happy Boy!
When I got home from work Thursday I was super exhausted, but so ready to see my Little Bear.  Mark was rocking him in the nursery.  I didn't waste much time taking Little Bear from Mark.  We got a lot of cuddling in that evening.  After a long and sometimes extremely rough days at my job, it sure is nice that I can come home and cuddle my super cute little man.

2 comments :

  1. He does look so happy!
    Glad things went well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture! He looks so happy, and so much like you, Lynee!

    ReplyDelete