3/14/12

My Last Week Home

I'm a little sad this week.  This is my last week of maternity leave.  My first day back to work is Sunday March 18.  While I'm looking forward to seeing my coworkers, the thought of being away from Little Bear for 13 hours is just, well, AWFUL!!!  I know he'll be in great hands that day because he'll be hanging out with his Daddy.  And the during the week, Little Bear will be at CC's house.  The nice thing about my job is that I will be working only 2 days a week.  However, they are long, long days (12-13hours).  So, for 5 days a week I'll get to be with my son.  I honestly haven't missed work while I've been on leave, but I've missed my coworkers.  I'm sure once I get into the swing of things at work again, I'll be fine.  Too bad I can't work just 4 hours that day - enough to catch up with everyone and then get home to my Little Bear.  I actually requested to be on call that day, so I'm praying I don't have to go in or I get to come home early.  The likelihood of that happening though is slim, since I keep getting messages that they need extra people each shift.  Bummer.
Little Bear is getting to be so much fun now.  He's more and more expressive, starting to laugh, scooting around the play gym, and "talking."  I just don't want to miss too much of the new stuff.  I am very thankful though that he is napping now.  He goes down easier each time.  He's also taking the bottle fairly well.  He still prefers the "real thing," but at least he won't starve while I'm gone all day.  God has definitely answered our prayers.

When I put him in here, his head was at the top of the photo, when I checked on him, this is how I found him.




Loves to move and groove


Loves to "bat" at things
Enjoying our walk

2 comments :

  1. Soooooooo sweeeeet!!!! He's gorgeous and still cant believe he shares our sweet angel boys' Birthday
    Love you guys
    Megan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Megan. It still touches me deeply that he shares your angel boy's birthday. I will forever remember him.

      Delete