8/29/13

40 Weeks and 5 Days Pregnant

So, today(August 23) is D-Day.  I unfortunately have not gone into labor on my own.  So, since I can't be induced due to a previous c-section, I am automatically getting a c-section on this day.  It's not the way I was hoping to deliver Little Cub, but what I ultimately wanted is about to come true - "Healthy Baby, Healthy Mom."  It's rather surreal that I will have a baby in my arms in a few hours without having to labor.  I even had time to shower, and do my hair and make-up. So, as soon as my parents arrived to watch Little Bear while we were in the hospital, we loaded up and made the trip.  We got there 15 minutes ahead of schedule.  We were told to wait in the waiting room while they finished getting things ready.  So, Papa Bear and I made ourselves as comfortable as possible.  An hour later and we still hadn't been called back.  Then, another hour went by and still no word.  The worst part for me was the fact that I hadn't been allowed to eat or drink since midnight.  I was HUNGRY!!!!  Finally, a nurse came out and informed us that she was sorry we were having to wait, but there were several emergencies that came up.  I wasn't upset about being pushed back when someone else was needing medical attention more than I.  I was just hungry and wanted to eat so badly.  
I finally got back to the holding room 3 hours after I should have been there.  And then, I finally got to the hour 4 hours after I was supposed to.  Despite the delay, everything went very well and Little Cub was born.  The moment I heard her cry, tears of joy came to my eyes.  I was able to hold her within minutes after her birth.  As soon as I was taken to the recovery room, I was able to breastfeed.  And, my prayers were answered.  Little Cub took to nursing right away without any problems.
40 Weeks and 5 Days - hours prior to Little Cub's birth

Mama Bear and Little Cub just hours after she was born

No comments :

Post a Comment