4/10/12

4 Month Check Up

Yesterday Little Bear had his regular check up with the doctor.  He got glowing reports!  The doctor said he's right on target developmentally.  I already knew this to be true, but at least the doctor agrees.  Little Bear weighed in at exactly 16 pounds and measured 27 inches.  He's in the 98th percentile for length and head circumference.  I don't know where he gets his height from.  Mark and I are short people.  Maybe he'll be a basketball player.  Last night and today Little Bear has been a tiny bit fussy I'm thinking because he got 3 shots yesterday at the visit.  The camo he wore didn't hide him from the nurse with the needles.
I mentioned to the doctor that he's been sleeping the best on his tummy.  The doc didn't have a problem with that. The doctor said Little Bear couldn't be more perfect and to keep doing what I'm doing.  Yea!  Oh, as far as the sleeping goes, it's been better the last 4 nights.  I haven't swaddled him since last Wednesday.  I've been putting him to sleep on his tummy in the pack-n-play at the end of our bed.  He's been getting 5-6 hours for the first stretch and then about 3-4hours for the second stretch.  I can definitely tell because I feel a bit more rested.
Micah hopes the camo will hide him from the nurse with the needles

Grandpa and Little Bear at Deanna Rose Children's Farmstead last Friday



No comments :

Post a Comment