4/26/12

My Sicky Bear

The evening of my last post was a first for our den.  Little Bear got his first fever.  He had totally been fine all day.  You can see the smiles in the pics of the last post.  Well, things changed that evening.  He felt unusually warm around bath time.  I took his temp and it was 104.  Needless to say it freaked me out a little.  I also saw a rash on his torso.  I called a friend who is a pediatrician.  I described the situation to her and she said it was most likely viral.  I watched him through the night and gave him Tylenol as often s I could.  All day yesterday he had a fever.  However, he would still smile at me, babble, and play with his hands.  So, the nurse in me said that he was OK.  But, the mom in me went to worry mode.  I called Little Bear's doctor and explained his symptoms as best I could.  His doctor also said it was viral and to wait it out, then call if he's not better by Friday.  Well, today is Thursday and he's more fussy today than yesterday.  He still has his fever, but somehow will still smile at me.  It breaks my heart that my Little Bear doesn't feel well and there isn't much I can do about it other than pray.  I've been doing a lot of praying.  I fully believe God will heal my Little Bear quickly.  Your prayers are welcome.  I don't know how the parents at my job do it.  I'm a nurse in the pediatric ICU.  I take care of the sickest of the sick.  How the parents of my patients handle it and cope is amazing.  It's been hard for me to not allow my mind to go to the diseases/illnesses of my patients and think that my Little Bear has one of them.  God will protect him and will give me the wisdom to take care of him.

playing

yawning on our stroll

which toy to play with first?

No comments :

Post a Comment