5/6/12

Happy 5 Month Birthday (a couple days late)

Well, this last Thursday Little Bear turned 5 months old.  It's hard to believe it's been that long already.  He is getting to be so much fun.  He continues to love-love-love the exersaucer.  He's getting so strong and active in it that I think he'll jump out of it soon.  He's found his feet recently and amazes me with his flexibility.  I used to be flexible, but not so much anymore.  He's been gnawing on his hands and feet or whatever he can put in his mouth.  Just this morning I felt something.  His first tooth has broken through.  He really hasn't been that fussy with teething.  He has been slobbering a ton and the last several days he's had a little rash on his bottom and some diarrhea.  I went ahead and picked of some Hyland's Teething Gel (the store was out of the tablets) just in case we might need it.

I wanted to update you all on how it's gone with putting Little Bear in his crib for night.  I'm happy to report that it's going very well.  the last 5 nights he's had 6 - 7 hour stretches.  I've heard him make sounds a few times at night, but then he's gone back to sleep on his own.  Last night I put him down at 8pm.  I picked him up at 10, changed his diaper, fed him and he went right back down.  He woke up at 5:15 and I fed him.  He slept till about 8:15.  Wow.  So, all in all he slept almost 12 hours.  Very nice!  I hope to continue to get into more of a night time routine.  I did put him in a disposable diaper last night.  There was slight leakage when I changed him again at 8:15 this morning.  I think this was most likely due to the fact that I still have size 1 diapers instead of the 2-3 since he's 17-18 pounds.  So, I did get to the store today and bought size 3.  That just sounds so crazy.

keeps getting bigger and longer

Play Date with friend McKenna (she LOVES him)

I wanted to add several more pictures, but for some reason blogspot isn't recognizing them.  I'll post them as soon as I can.



2 comments :

  1. So big, and so cute! Happy 5 months, Micah! Glad to hear that the crib is working well and you're getting much-needed sleep. We found with Olivia that she was rarely fussy when the teeth actually came in - it was usually the weeks/month leading up to it that were so difficult, but of course we didn't know that's what it was about. Can't wait to see more pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for spending Micah's 5 month birthday caring for my kiddaroos. I'm so grateful for your gift of time in caring for our family this week! Happy 5 months Bear!

    ReplyDelete