5/21/12

Ponderings

Last week was a first for me:  I was the one being honored/celebrated on Mother's Day.  It felt weird actually.  I know I'm Little Bear's mother, but sometimes the concept of being someone's mom is still so new and strange feeling.  I so love watching him grow and develop.  I'm very proud to be his mom.  Just ask anyone I know - and especially my coworkers.  I can't go long without showing people a picture of "the cutest boy ever!"  It's not that I think he's better than anyone else's child.  It's just that he's mine and I'm so amazed and blessed by him.  There are things in life that just don't matter as much to me anymore.  The main one is work.  Don't get me wrong, I really like my job.  I think I'm good at it.  God has gifted me to work in the area I do.  I can't imagine not working.  However, when I'm at work, I would much rather be at home with my Little Bear.  When I'm at home with him, I sometimes wonder what's going on at work, but not like I used to.  My days at work are really long.  I leave my house at 6:20am and don't get home till around 8pm usually.  That seems like an eternity to being away from my Little Bear.  The plus side is that I work only 2 days a week.  So, I get to be at home for 5 days.  Right now though when there are so many changes happening with Little Bear, I don't want to miss any of them.  2 weeks ago, he got his first teeth.  I felt so excited to discover them.  The other thing I'm so excited to get to discover is the fact that he started saying, "Da Da" yesterday.  I kept saying, "Ma Ma" to him, but he stuck with "Da Da."  He is starting to vocalize more like he's actually talking.  It's so totally cute.  He's also reaching out to both Mark and I with his arms when neither of us are holding him.  He LOVES us!  Well, at least that's what I'm saying.  I know there will be times ahead of us where I'll get frustrated at him or he'll make decisions that I don't agree with.  However, right now I'm relishing the happy boy I have.
I was really wanting to post some pictures again, but Blogger is not recognizing the new ones I uploaded.  Hopefully it'll be working soon.


Me & my Little Bear on Mother's Day

He really wanted my Chai tea latte

My happy boy (notice the red below his eye?  He scratched himself)

First set of shades

































No comments :

Post a Comment