12/9/12

Happy 1st Birthday

Well, it's official - our Little Bear is 1 year old.  We had a party at our church with family and a few friends.  We had BBQ and some yummy cake.  I asked my brother to help me with putting the cake together.  I'm really pleased with how it turned out.  It tasted so very yummy!!  I got a ton of compliments on it.  I made a smaller smash cake just for Little Bear.  After everyone had eaten, we had a special dedication ceremony.  At our church we dedicate our children to God and then when they're old enough to make they're own personal decision to follow Christ, they are then baptized.  Since we wanted a very personal dedication, we had our own little service, but also participated in the dedication service in our church the next day.  My dad led the dedication and did a marvelous job!!  The day was overall so fabulous.  Little Bear had a blast and really enjoyed the cake.  I tried to capture the day as best as possible, so enjoy all the pictures.


Cones are made of fondant, rocks are candy chocolate rocks, dirt is crush oreos

One of the construction trucks was a load of candy bars

enjoying some BBQ

Baby Dedication

Time of Prayer

A special "Eternal Treasures" box my dad made - in the box we're putting my grandfather's bible and Mark's grandfather's bible - and anything else that has eternal value. On top of the box is Little Bear's name and birthdate

Having fun opening gifts

quick family photo - loves his own set of keys

slightly perplexed by the feel of the cake

Didn't take too long to shovel it in his mouth

Happy birthday boy with green frosting successfully smashed all over his face

Feeding momma some frosting

too cute!

Mark joining in on the fun of "cake in the face"


1 comment :

  1. Looks like a great party, Lynee! SOOO wish I could have been there.

    ReplyDelete