6/13/12

6 month well baby check

Little Bear had a doctor appointment this morning.  Mark and I had a guessing game as to how much he ways now.  I'd like to say I won since I didn't go over, but Mark was truly closer.  Micah weighs 18 pounds, 4 ounces and is 28 1/4" long.  His head circumference is 18 1/2".  So that puts him in the 99th percentile or so for length and head size and 65th percentile for weight.  I still have no idea where the he gets his height from, but oh well.  Little Bear got 3 vaccines today and has been slightly fussy.  Which actually really isn't that fussy, but for him, it seemed like it since he's usually so happy.  The doctor said he Micah couldn't be any cuter or more perfect.  I happen to agree, but it's nice to hear from a professional.  Ok, enough bragging.

Sunday we took Little Bear swimming for the first time.  It went fairly well.  I made the mistake of going so close to nap time, but he still did OK.  Since I basically grew up in the water, I want my son to know how to handle himself in the water.  I was brave and totally put his head under water briefly.  I thought it was hilarious.  We had a couple floaties that we tried out.  I think he liked us holding him the best.  I'm looking forward to getting him out in the water more often this summer. I'm also going to start him in infant swim lessons ASAP.


Cuddlin' with Momma

Getting the hang of the water and lovin' being with Daddy

So tired and worn out!

No comments :

Post a Comment