8/18/12

Good Times

So again I had problems between blogger and Iphoto so this post is much later than I had hoped.  Anyway, my Little Bear continues to amaze me!!  He's crawling all over the place.  Daddy even caught him climbing up the stairs.  He's cruising around furniture too.  He'll stand for a few seconds by himself.  Before long he'll be walking.  We're continuing to add more and more foods to Little Bear's menu.  So far he likes everything.  He loves to feed himself puffs, pieces of banana, and peas.

I think the whole food thing has been a slight stresser for me.  What foods do I start with, how much do I feed him, and when do I feed him in relation to breastfeeding?  By now I've gotten into sort of a rhythm.  I breastfeed him when he first wakes up (around 7), change him, play a little, then feed him breakfast which is usually oatmeal and bananas (or apples or some other fruit).  After he's been up for ~2 1/2 hours, he goes down for a nap.  He naps for  about 1 1/2-2 hours, when he wakes up, I breastfeed him and then we play.  Around noon, I feed him lunch which is about 2 oz of meat, some veggies, and then a fruit.  He again goes down for a nap after being up for 2-3 hours.  He sleeps for about 2 hours.  When he wakes up, which is usually around 4, I breastfeed him. We then play.  He eats dinner around 6 which is a repeat of lunch.  He then gets a bath - which he totally loves!  Before bed we read a few books and I breastfeed him again.  He's in bed between 7:30 and 8:30.  He wakes up at least once in the night, but often twice.  Of course the days that I work and he is at CC's, his schedule is different.  That doesn't bother me.  I have a general routine for the day, but not a rigid schedule.  I like to be flexible.  

Despite the fact that I often feel very overwhelmed by my responsibilities, I know God will give me the strength and wisdom to make it through.  Here are a few random pics for you to enjoy.

Daddy having fun at Costco with the over-sized bear - no we didn't buy it

just got done swimmin'

Learning to make applesauce

He LOVES his puffs

Lookin' very spiffy with his spiked hair and overalls

2 of my boys on a walk (I can't believe I got Brother Shadow to sit still)

He really enjoys the swing - it's finally nice enough outside

1 comment :

  1. Seems like a great schedule to me! I'm a bit nervous about getting baby number 2 on a schedule, keeping Braden's schedule the same (which really is not much of one) and getting them to go down for naps/bed time at the same time. Maybe eventually!

    He's getting so big Lynne! Such a cute smile. he has!

    ReplyDelete