3/4/13

15 Weeks Pregnant


I'm glad to be past the first trimester now.  The first 10 weeks of this pregnancy were not fun! I had extreme nausea, but never threw up.  I had absolutely no appetite and ended up losing about 6 pounds.  I have an aversion to sweets and can't eat very much at one time or else I'm totally miserable.  I took some medication for a while to help with the nausea, but it made me really constipated.  So, I eventually took milk of magnesia which made me almost throw up.  So, I decided to stop the anti-nausea medicine and opt for the natural remedies my doctor suggested.  2 of those remedies are sucking on a lemon wedge for 30 seconds. The other one was to push ice water to the roof of my mouth for 30 seconds and then spit it out.  I tried both of these and they actually worked.  However, even though I'm no loner taking the anti-nausea medicine, I'm getting constipated again.  These things never happened during my pregnancy with Little Bear.  Who knows, maybe this baby is a girl.  We'll just have to wait and find out when the baby is born.  Yes, we are those people that are not going to find out the gender of the baby until the baby is born.  I love the anticipation it brings. I also enjoy seeing how frustrated other people get because they don't know what it is.  I've gotten to hear the heart beat several times and it is such sweet music to my ears.  I'm praying constantly for the protection over this baby who I will from now on refer to as "Little Cub."  So many things can go wrong during the development of an unborn child.  Believe me, I've seen first hand with where I work what the can happen and how truly a miracle the birth of a healthy baby is.  One thing I'm doing and what I even did during my pregnancy with Little Bear, is pray for specific things.  For Little Bear I prayed for a spirit of joy and contentment - so far God has answered my prayer.  For Little Cub, I'm praying for love and compassion.  There are many more things I'm praying for of course, but those are just a couple of them.  Right now the Little Cub is about the size of an avocado.  I had one on my counter and it was such a visual cue for me that Little Cub is already that big.  I have an ultrasound on April 1 to make sure all the parts are developing correctly.  I'm looking forward to that day.

I will try to post my pic once a week so you can see the progression.  So far I don't feel like I've popped out any sooner than I did with Little Bear.  I never lost all the baby weight from my pregnancy with Little Bear, so I think that's masking some of the pregnancy bump.  My clothes are getting uncomfortable and I need to pull out some of my maternity clothes.  The dress in the picture I just bought and will take my picture in it every week until Little Cub is born.

No comments :

Post a Comment