3/17/13

17 Weeks Pregnant

I forgot to take a picture last week - sorry.  But, here I am at 17 weeks.  I actually think I'm starting to feel Little Cub moving around a bit.  I got to hear the heartbeat again this week when I took Little Bear in for his 15 month check up.  Little Bear's doctor is also my doctor.  However, my doctor no longer does deliveries, so I'm going to the same midwife that I went to last time.  Anyway,  at the end of Little Bear's appointment, the doctor was kind enough to get out his doppler and let me hear the heartbeat.  It is such sweet music to my ears.  Despite the fact that God continues to reassure me that everything is OK, I still allow some fears to creep in.  I guess that's not too surprising, considering where I work and my history of having a miscarriage.

This week Little Cub is around 5 oz and about the size of a sweet potato.  I LOVE sweet potatoes, but I can tell you right now that I love Little Cub way more even though we haven't met face-to-face.  This week the nerves are forming more complex connections, the hearing is growing more acute, and Little Cub is mastering the art of yawning.  It's so amazing to me how all that is going on inside me.  Truly a miracle!!!

I haven't been sleeping the greatest the last couple of weeks.  However, since Little Bear was kind enough to give me his cold, I've had to take a little Benadryl at night so I can breathe.  Which, in turn has helped me sleep better.  I finally got some sudafed - which is on the approved list my midwife gave me and also some saline packets to wash my nose out with.  I don't know if you have ever tried that, but it really works!  I actually felt like I could function this afternoon instead of just exist.  I'm also taking vitamin C and vitamin D.  I increased my vitamin D to 8000iu/day for a few days like my doctor suggested before when I had a cold early on in this pregnancy.  Despite the fact that my immune system isn't working as well since I'm pregnant, I'm hoping to kick this cold as quickly as possible.
I think I'm starting to show more now - I feel like I just popped out in the last couple of days

1 comment :

  1. Aw yay! So exciting Lynee! Lets get together sometime!

    ReplyDelete