4/8/13

21 Weeks Pregnant

In case you're keeping track, no, I'm not off in my week count.  I had an appointment last week Monday.  After having an ultrasound and getting those measurements and then my midwife getting the results of my first ultrasound, she wanted to change my due date.  So, she says I'm 5 days further along than I think I am.  I've had a bit of a hard time understanding this, since I know my body so well and know the exact day I ovulated.  I never ovulate on day 14 like the textbooks say.  With Little Bear I ovulated on day 21 - so a whole week later than the "normal" schedule.  With Little Cub, I know I ovulated on day 18.  So, how can "they" say that Little Cub is then due 5 days before I think it should be according to when I ovulated?  Anyway, the way I'm trying to look at it is that God is in control.  Little Cub is going to come when he/she is supposed to and there is nothing I can do about it.  All I can do is pray, take care of myself as best as possible, and trust that God is in control.  That last part is hard to do though.

Anyway, Little Cub is about a pound now and approximately 8 inches long - roughly the size of a spaghetti squash.  Little Cub is now developing the sense of touch and gripping a lot.  His/her's sense of sight is also increasing.  But, still just limited to differences between light and dark.  Can you believe that Little Cub now has eyelashes and eyebrows and hair is even growing on top of his/her head?  Crazy!!  We did have an ultrasound last week and I didn't see any hair, but I got to see a really cute unborn baby.  Little Cub was extremely active and rather photogenic during his/her picture session.  Mark and I really enjoyed the show.  Everything is growing a developing properly which made me breathe a huge sigh of relief!!!  With all the weird things I see at work, my "normal" is the world's "abnormal."  So, it was comforting that so far all the organs, brain, spine, etc., were as they should be.  Praise God!!!  We chose not to find out the gender of Little Cub.  The ultrasound tech said she doesn't even know.  I have my suspicions, but anyone out there want to make a guess?  Post a comment and put in your vote.  Who knows, maybe I might give a little gift to someone who guesses the gender and comes the closest to height, weight, and actual birth date.
21 Weeks and really starting to stick out

Perfect shot of Little Cub's entire leg from hip to toe

Nice profile of Little Cub's face and cute little arm

No comments :

Post a Comment