5/29/13

28 Weeks Pregnant

I realized in all the craziness around here that I didn't get a picture taken this week of Little Cub's growth progress.  Sorry!  We did manage to get away for a day at the end of the week last week.  We took the short drive to the Omaha zoo.  It was a great day for it!  Little Bear did want to be out of the stroller and when we wouldn't let him, he got rather cranky.  He loved seeing all the animals and made appropriate noises for them.  It's such a blast to see him developing right before our eyes.  We also drove through a wildlife safari which Little Bear slept through.  Mark and I enjoyed it though.  The neat thing for me was to see a family whose son I took care of in the hospital.  It was great to reconnect with them.

This week, Little Cub is around 17 inches long and almost 3 pounds.  More fat deposits are being made -under Little Cub's skin that is - though I feel I'm getting more as well.  I'm feeling a lot of strong movement now.  I love that feeling!!  Little Bear continues to point to my belly.  I say, "Little Cub is in there."  He then goes, "Aww," then proceeds to hug my belly.  So cute!!!  Oh, I forgot to let you all know that I passed my glucose tolerance test with flying colors.  The number had to be less than 150 and mine was 74. Whoo hoo!!!!  Good thing I passed it since I'm totally loving carbs this pregnancy.  My hemoglobin was a little on the low side, so I have to start taking iron.  I had to take iron with Little Bear's pregnancy too.

I hope you all have a great start to your summer.

Little Bear totally into whatever was in that exhibit

No comments :

Post a Comment