12/30/13

Little Cub is 4 Months Old

Oh my dear sweet Little Cub.  You are growing so fast.  I really can't believe you're already 4 months old.  Time sure goes by quicker with you since I'm always chasing after your brother.  Pretty soon you'll be eating real food.  I'm not ready for that yet.  You continue to be a very mellow little girl.  You love to smile, laugh, and are jabbering quite a bit lately.  You enjoy playing in your exer-saucer and on the play mat.  You've already rolled over for the first time.  However, I haven't seen it yet.  You did it first at CC's.  I've seen you on your tummy after you've rolled over, but never seen you actually do it.  I'll get to one of these days.  You are very strong and stand on your legs for quite a while when I'm holding you in my lap.  One of my challenges with you lately has to do with sleeping.  You used to do really well with that.  However, the last several weeks you wake up every 2-3 hours at night and almost refuse naps.  I probably didn't help the situation though as I would pick you up right away at night so that you wouldn't wake up your Daddy or brother.  However, I decided that I need to help teach you how to sleep through the night.  So, last night was the first night for sleep training.  And, I'm proud to say you did better than I anticipated.  You didn't go to bed till 10:00 though.  You woke up at 1:30, but that was too early.  So, I let you fuss for a bit, put the BB back in your mouth and you went back to sleep.  You woke up then at 3:30 which I was OK with.  So, I fed you and put you back in the pack n play.  However, you didn't go back to sleep till an hour later.  At least you weren't crying during that time and were just making cute noises.  Then, much to my surprise, you slept till 8:15 this morning.  Today as I'm writing this post, I'm trying to teach you how to take naps.  You're actually fussing a bit right now, but I'm hoping you'll go back to sleep.  I thought you might be a tummy sleeper like your brother, but so far you only sleep on your back or on your side and you definitely like having your BB.

Your brother is getting better and better at loving you instead of hitting you for which I'm thankful.  I think you're going to be one tough girl for all that you endure from him.  Your poor sweet little head has gotten so many scratches from Little Bear.  He loves to give you hugs and kisses now and especially likes to do that before he goes to bed at night.  It's so cute to watch.  I pray all the time that you 2 will have a great relationship and both grow up to love and honor Christ.
My happy Little Cub

Little Bear being all sweet


My sweet babes

Special Kisses from brother

movin' and groovin'

Super happy and jabbering

1 comment :

  1. Oh my goodness, she's adorable! So happy to see the monthly onesies again!

    ReplyDelete