11/30/13

Halloween

Now I'm starting to get caught up on some blog posts.  Halloween was a blast this year.  We moved into a new neighborhood this summer.  We LOVE where we live.  There is tons of space, lots of trees, and hardly any traffic.  Our neighborhood does a lot of different activities together throughout the year.  Every Halloween everyone gathers together at the community pond for hot dogs and hot chocolate.  Then we all load up on several different hayrack rides.  Each hay ride goes around the whole neighborhood and lets the kids off to go to a few houses, then takes the kids to the next cul-de-sac.  I wasn't sure how Little Bear would do with this.  But, like he does every day, he amazed me.  He had so much fun and really got into carrying his little pumpkin and going up to the door to get the candy.  I tried to teach him to say trick or treat, but it didn't work.  Oh well, he probably will next year.  Little Cub didn't get candy, but she came along for the ride.  I had so many layers on her, she probably got too warm.  The hayrides got started at 6:30.  I wasn't sure how long Little Bear would last, but he did great.  We didn't get to make it to all the houses because he got rather tired and Little Cub started fussing because it was time for her to eat.  I'm looking forward to doing this again next year!

I wasn't sure for a while what I was even going to do for halloween costumes.  Then, I went on a walk one day with the kids.  One of our neighbors stopped me to meet Little Cub.  When I was telling him their names, I said, "I hadn't planned on the M and M thing for names."  That's when it hit me.  M&Ms were going to be the kids' costumes.  I called my mom right away and asked her if she would be willing to make the costumes for the kids.  She kindly agreed.  Unbeknownst to me she made costumes for Papa Bear and myself.  It was fun.  Papa Bear and I didn't have any white leggings or white gloves.  But, I figured we came close enough.


Hot Dogs and Chips before "Trick or Treating"

So excited!! 

The M&Ms Family


First Hayride

Where do I go next?

He was so fascinated by this tractor


My sweet M&Ms

Waiting in line for the candy



Sweet Mother-Daughter moment


2 comments :

  1. Great Mommy & me picture and props to Anthony for the adorable pumpkin hat :)

    ReplyDelete