2/7/12

How Papa Bear & Momma Bear Met

Mark and I on our honeymoon in the Riviera Maya

Since I'm just starting to blog, I have a lot to share from the last several years.  I figured a good place to start is how my husband and I met.  We've known each other for 6 years now - WOW!  The year before we met, I did the internet dating thing.  All I could think about, talk about, and focus on was finding a man.  Just ask my closest friends, they'll tell ya.  I finally got to a point where I was sick and tired of my "obsession" with  finding my man.  It was then that I told God that I was going to no longer pursue men. I was going to pursue God.
What do you know, but 3 weeks later I met Mark.  The nurse that trained me married the guy that was room mates with Mark in college. My trainer asked if she could set me up with her husband's friend.  I reluctantly agreed.  Mark did call me.  We both had the same thought, "Let's do lunch." That way if the date went badly, we could say we had somewhere to be.  If it went well, then we had a lot of time left in the day to hang out.
We met for lunch at Chili's on Saturday, January 14, 2006.  We had such a great time that we stayed at the restaurant for almost 5 hours.  That blind date led to many more dates, which led to an engagement, and eventually marriage on April 4, 2009.  During our dating relationship, we had a lot of ups and downs.  However, we both grew so much individually and as a couple.
I'm so very thankful for Mark.  I'm thankful that even though I complained about having to wait so long before I found the man of my dreams, he was DEFINITELY worth the wait.  I can't imagine my life without him.  And I certainly can't imagine him NOT being the father to Micah.  Thank you, Lord.  I am truly blessed!

2 comments :

  1. You look STUNNING in that picture!!! I'm so thankful for Mark as well. I got to actually start sharing with you how wonderful married life is. :-) Love you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic shot of the two of you! You look beautiful and you totally rock that dress!

    ReplyDelete