2/6/12

Explanations of a New Blog

So I've decided to join the blogging world. You might be wondering how I came up with the title of this blog. Well, not quite a year ago, my husband and I found out that we were pregnant. We were super excited to say the least. I knew right away that I did not want to find out the gender of the baby. I love surprises!! Most people thought I was crazy. They asked me how I was going to plan. What did I need to know the gender for to plan for a baby. Since I already knew we were having a child, I wanted the anticipation/surprise of finding out who my baby is when he/she was born. The nursery ended up being gender neutral. I found the perfect wall decal and bedding set. I thought it was very fitting for this "outdoor loving family." Since we didn't want to call our baby, "It" the whole pregnancy, we wanted to come up with a nickname. Well, while Mark (my husband) and I were on vacation in California's National Parks during my first trimester, we had a major inspiration for the name. On the last day in King's Canyon National Park, we were walking through a meadow. Well, low and behold we saw an actual black bear. We were so in awe of this amazing animal that somehow we decided to call our unborn child "Little Bear." We thought the name was very fitting for us since we loved the outdoors. Since the home of bears are called dens, that's how I got the blog name idea. The other part, "Blessed," is because Mark and I are truly blessed in numerous ways. We hope to never take our blessings for granted.

Well, Little Bear arrived a week late and showed us right away he was a boy. We were so elated to meet our son. Once we decided on his official name - Micah Henry (both my &Mark's grandpas were named Henry), we kept calling him Little Bear. We now call him by his given name, but he will always be our Little Bear.

Needless to say, our lives have changed dramatically. We're still learning how to be godly parents and not totally mess up Little Bear's life. I'm very thankful that we have amazing friends that have, 'been there, done that' and can share their wisdom with me.





1 comment :

  1. So glad you started a blog! Loved hearing about your little bear and meeting him too! - Kassie

    ReplyDelete